Worship Leader: Part Time
Weekly Attendance: 200
Neighborhood: Westerville, Ohio
The Role: The Worship Leader will work closely with the lead pastor in cultivating worship services and worship teams that help lead CrossPointe Church to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit.
Meet CrossPointe Church
CrossPointe Church is consumed with leading people to connect and commit to Jesus. Located about 20 minutes north of Columbus, CrossPointe is in the middle of one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the United States. Over the years the church has gone through a time of transition, but now it is uniquely positioned to effectively reach this and future generations with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Today, CrossPointe is a healthy, growing, multi-generational church. Our worship services place a high priority on expository preaching, but we also realize that music is a vital aspect of our weekly gatherings. The songs we sing are theologically correct, God-centered, Christ-focused, and contemporary in style. Musically, we have talented singers, gifted instrumentalists, excellent audio/visual technology, and a congregation that loves to lift their voices in praise every Sunday.
We believe the future is bright for CrossPointe Church! We also believe the best is yet to come. Now, God is moving us to add to our existing leadership team and together, we will get to play a role in something exciting and very special.
About the Worship Leader:
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Accepts without reservation the CrossPointe Church Confession of Faith.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of CrossPointe Church.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a medium-sized church in worship.
- Skilled in vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, ProPresenter, and video projection.
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of CrossPointe Church.
- Plan the corporate worship services of CrossPointe Church in consultation with the Lead Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day.
- Oversee media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting, and coordination of all instrumentalists, and vocalists
- Serve as the lead worshiper in Sunday worship services.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Classification: Part-Time, Staff-Leadership Team.
What it's like to live in Westerville, Ohio:
Living in Westerville provides residents the best of both worlds. Westerville is small enough to feel like a close-knit community--but it is part of one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the United States. The greater Columbus area has everything anyone would ever want. With great shopping, numerous metro-parks, outstanding restaurants, a vibrant and growing live-music scene, collegiate and professional sports teams, those who live in and around Columbus will always have something to do. Additionally, Columbus is a day-trip away from great cities like Pittsburg, Dayton, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Detroit, and only five hours from Chicago. The Columbus metro area is truly a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate here.