Join Cranleigh Runners
Our Club House is the
Cranleigh Cricket Club
About the Club
We are based at Cranleigh Cricket Club, The Common, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8NS and all newcomers are welcome. Just turn up on a Tuesday evening and say hello.
(if coming from Guildford, the Cranleigh Cricket Club is on the left opposite the Cranley Hotel).
Our annual membership is usually in the region of 40 people, with typical running groups of around 15 during the summer runs. Our members are of varying age and ability from club level to joggers. So regardless of your age or fitness, there will be a group to suit you. Apart from winter-time street runs our training is mostly cross-country within a radius of five miles from Cranleigh. Throughout the year we have a number of social events allowing us to explore the local restaurants and pubs.
We run every Tuesday evening. We also meet for a training run on Sunday mornings depending on member training schedules.
- Tuesday Evening at 7:30 pm meeting in the Cranleigh Cricket Club car park (Best session for new members).
- Sunday Morning meeting in the Cranleigh Cricket Club car park. Time agreed by running group.
Tuesday sessions are off road in British Summer Time and around the streets of Cranleigh in winter. These sessions last for about one hour. We typically start off slowly to warm up and then run to suit the group. Sunday morning runs are organised around member training schedules and are typically longer slower runs in the countryside.
Members are encouraged to compete in the free monthly MABAC league races offering a 5 mile trail course with all finishers winning points for the club. The club helps organise a number of charity events in the local area including:
- Cranleigh 15 / 21 (approx 800+ runners)
- Cranleigh Trail Marathon and Half Marathon
- Cranleigh 10K
- Winterfold MABAC
- Bramley Fell Race
Of course you don't have to be a member to help organise one of the events.
Annual Club Membership is £25 and is inclusive of the following;
- Cranleigh Runners Club Membership
- Cranleigh Cricket Club house membership
- Free entry to MABAC league races throughout the year
- Membership of ARC (The Association of Running Clubs) including insurance
- Discounted entry fees to many National Events
Why not come along on a Tuesday evening and try us out?