Computational Physics & Structural Simulation Laboratory (CPSSL) is a multidisciplinary research facility and educational forum located in the University of Notre Dame. CPSSL research projects emphasize a multidisciplinary approach to engineering problems with focus on multiscale topology optimization methods, computational material design, multiscale characterization of infrastructural systems, multiphysics analysis and simulation methods, and advanced computational platforms.
Some of the main research areas include:
- Topology optimization of structural/material systems
- Optimal design of metamaterial systems
- Multiscale characterization of infrastructural systems
- Theoretical and applied solid mechanics
- Advanced computational methods in solids and structural mechanics
CPSSL is equipped with state-of-the-art computer clusters, numerical libraries (CPSSL-FEA an in-house FEA library, Matlab, FEAP, TomLab, etc.) and computational packages (Abaqus, LS-Dyna etc.).