Computational Physics & Structural Simulation Laboratory (CPSSL) is a multidisciplinary research facility and educational forum located in the University of Notre Dame. CPSSL research projects emphasize a multidisciplinary approach to engineering problems with focus on multiscale topology optimization methods, computational material design, data-driven multiscale characterization of infrastructural systems, multiphysics analysis and simulation methods, and advanced computational platforms.
Some of the main research areas include:
- Topology optimization of structural/material systems
- Optimal design of multifunctional metamaterial systems
- Data-Driven Multiscale characterization of infrastructural systems
- Theoretical and applied solid mechanics
- Advance computational methods in solids and structural mechanics
CPSSL is equipped with state-of-the-art computer clusters, numerical libraries (CPSSL-FEA an in-house FEA library, Matlab, FEAP, TomLab, etc.) and computational packages (Abaqus, LS-Dyna etc.).