Join the Movement
Communities, college campuses and national parks across the country are taking the initiative, leading by example and joining the fight for local water!
National Parks, Monuments and Historic Sites:
- Arches National Park, UT
- Aztec Ruins National Monument, NM
- Big Thicket National Preserve, TX
- Canyonlands National Park, UT
- Dinosaur National Monument, CO & UT
- El Malpais National Monument, NM
- El Morro National Monument, NM
- Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
- Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site, MT
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, HI
- Little Bighorn National Monument, MT
- Saguaro National Park, AZ
- Timpanogos Cave National Monument, UT
- Zion National Park, UT
College Campuses, Communities and Causes:
- We played an important part in the organizing effort to help the New Jersey state legislature pass a ban on fracking.
- Our student activists helped ban bottled water on campuses from Humboldt State University to New England College.
- We helped stop water privatization and maintain public control over local water systems in dozens of communities across the United States including in Chicago, IL, Stockton, CA, Grand Rapids, MI, and Trenton, NJ.
- We worked with community organizations from coast of coast to stop Nestle water bottling facilities including victories in McCloud, CA and Wacissa, FL.
- We organized to pass dozens of local measures against fracking in communities across the country.
- We helped halt a liquefied natural gas project in New Jersey that would have wreaked havoc on the surrounding marine environment and risked spills and explosions.
- We raised awareness nationwide about the environmental, health and equity problems with the bottled water industry and for the first time ever reduced sales.
- We influenced the EPA to regulate the dangerous chemical perchlorate in drinking water.
Want to help your organization go bottled-water free? Here are some good tips from people like you who are doing it!