Community Garden Council of Waterloo Region
COVID-19 Public Health Update for Reopening Community Gardens
Community gardens in Waterloo Region may officially open on May 4, 2020 at 1:00 pm, providing signage can be installed and guidelines can be distributed and observed.
To help make this possible, we have attached the following in this post:
1. Guidelines for Community Gardens as approved by Dr. Hsiu-Li Wang, Medical Officer of Health (A)
2. Two versions of a letter template that community garden coordinators and organizers can send to gardeners to review and confirm they acknowledge and agree to the guidelines. Note that signed agreements is a requirement within the guidelines.
3. Copies of two types of signage that are to be posted at garden sites as per the guidelines. Note that signage has been printed for each community garden and can be available for pick-up on Sunday, May 3rd and Monday May 4th.
Please coordinate signage and pick-up with your municipal representative who may have already been in touch with you. For those that are unable to get signage from their municipal representative, please confirm your pick-up time AND garden(s) with me as soon as possible by contacting: email@example.com. If you are confirming your time on Sunday, please email before 12:00 pm on Sunday. The pick-up time and locations are as follows:
· Sunday (May 3rd) between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. at the Region of Waterloo Operations Centre parking lot (100 Maple Grove Rd, Cambridge, ON N3H 4R7).
· Monday (May 4th) between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. at 99 Regina St S, Waterloo.
We hope this provides you with the information needed to get prepared for this year’s community garden season.
A community garden is a group of people that get together to plant and harvest a garden. Some gardens have a communal plot where everybody shares the land, whereas others allocate individual plots to gardeners to plant on their own. Join us on a journey towards healthy food and a wealth of community. Find a garden near you with our map .
Our Facebook page
Facebook is our main online community, follow or friend us to get updates on other community gardens, available garden plots, and local community garden events. Our page is located at Waterloo Region Community Gardens .