Informal Mathematical Physics Seminar
- January 28 : Dawei Chen, Volumes and intersection theory on moduli spaces of Abelian differentials
- February 4: Alexander Varchenko, Equivariant quantum differential equation, Stokes bases, and K-theory for a projective space
- February 11: Iza Stuhl, Hard-core disks on 2D lattices
- February 19: Alexander Shapiro
- March 4: Ivan Danilenko, Slices in the afffine Grassmannian and quantum cohomology
- March 11: Amol Aggarwal, Large Genus Asymptotics in Strata of Abelian Differentials
- March 18: no seminar, Spring break
- March 25: Mark Schoemaker, Matrix Factorizations in Gromov—Witten theory
- April 1: Petr Pushkar Transfer matrix and quasimaps with defects
- April 8: Will Sawin The polar multiplicities of the nilpotent cone in the module space of Higgs bundles
- April 15: Julia Pevtsova Support theory for finite dimensional Hopf (super)algebras or how to sniff out projective modules in the wild.
- April 22: Yuri Tschinkel Equivariant birational geometry and modular symbols
- April 29: Martina Lanini The Steinberg-Lusztig tensor product theorem for abstract Fock space
A note to the speakers: this is an informal seminar, meaning that the talks are longer than usual (1:30) and are expected to include a good introduction to the subject as well as a maximally accessible (i.e. minimally general & minimally technical) discussion of the main result. The bulk of the audience is typically formed by beginning graduate students. Blackboard talks are are particularly encouraged.
- September 17 Gus Schrader Dehn twists and Whittaker functions
- September 24 Yakov Kononov Capped equivariant vertex with 2 legs
- October 1 Ivan Loseu Harish-Chandra bimodules over quantized symplectic singularities
- October 8 Ben Davison Yangians from Nakajima quiver varieties
- October 15 Konstantin Matveev Macdonald positivity, Kerov conjecture, vertex models.
- October 22 Alex Weekes Affine Grassmannian slices and their categories O
- October 29 Alexei Oblomkov Matrix factorizations and knot homology
- November 5 Changjian Su K-theoretic stable basis, Motivic Chern classes, and Iwahori invariants of principal series
- November 8, 3:00 (special day & time) Alissa Crans The best career advice I've received
- November 12 Andrei Neguț (parabolic) W-algebras and moduli of (parabolic) sheaves
- November 19 Andrey Smirnov Elliptic stable envelopes and 3D mirror symmetry
- November 26 Sylvain Carpentier The role of PreHamiltonian differential and difference operators in (classical) integrable systems
- December 3 Sasha Tsymbaliuk. Coulomb branches, shifted quantum algebras and modified q-Toda systems.
- December 6 , 12:00, Math 622 (special day and time) Michael McBreen C*-equivariant Homological Mirror Symmetry for Hypertoric Varieties