Welcome to the YEP volunteer portal!
YEP Mission: The Colorado Mountain Club Youth Education Program (YEP) ignites a connection to the outdoors for Colorado youth, by providing opportunities for active learning through experiential and adventure education.
Volunteer Purpose: Our volunteer program supports the Colorado Mountain Club's passion for the mountains by engaging youth in outdoor education.
The Youth Education Program of the Colorado Mountain Club relies on a dedicated group of volunteers to deliver high-quality outdoor and environmental education to over 7,000 Denver-area youth each year. Volunteers assist YEP instructors and staff in leading programs outdoors and indoors to help inspire a passion for the mountains in our students.
- Make an impact in a student’s life. Many YEP students have never hiked in the mountains or rock climbed prior to working with YEP.
- Join a community of outdoor enthusiasts excited about passing on their passion for the outdoors to the next generation.
- Opportunity to attend free training sessions on environmental and outdoor education programs as well as free mentoring.
- Gain valuable volunteer, teaching and instructing experience.
- Earn free gear/clothing from the CMC and our generous sponsors.
What do we do?
- YEP offers programming year round. Find out about our course offerings here!
- Daytime school programming with the greater Denver area either at The American Mountaineering Center, outreach to schools, or open spaces:
- After-school climbing programming with The Boys and Girls Club of Metro Denver both indoors and outdoors.
- After-school Jaguar Club with Valverde Elementary.