Become a Client
- You must be a resident of Des Plaines or have children who attend Des Plaines public schools.
- Register for the first time on a Tuesday between 12:30 - 2:00 p.m. or Saturday between 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Visit the Pantry only one time each calendar month.
- Park in the church parking lot across Algonquin Rd., and cross in the crosswalk at the stop light. When you have your groceries assembled, you can move your vehicle to the spaces on the east side of the Pantry.
- Proof that you live in Des Plaines (utility bill, current rent agreement, medical bill, bank statement, etc.)
- Photo ID of each person over the age of 18 living in your home
- Proof of income (last 2 pay stubs, bank statement, SSI statement, last year's income tax form, etc.) for all adults in household
- Birth certificates for any children (under the age of 18) living with you
Your personal information is for our records only. We keep this confidential and do not share it with any other agency.
If you are a gov't employee affected by the gov't shutdown, see our home page for details on how to sign up for temporary help.
Contact the City of Des Plaines Department of Health & Human Services to learn of additional resources available from many other organizations in Des Plaines and the surrounding area.
1420 Miner Street, Des Plaines, IL 60016