About Us

Church of the Holy Trinity was founded in 1957 as a new church in what was then the Evangelical and Reformed (E&R) Church. Within a year, the E&R Church merged with the Congregational Christian Churches (CC) to form the United Church of Christ (UCC).

In the mid-1960s, Christ Church of Funkstown, a 150-year-old church in the Reformed tradition, merged with Church of the Holy Trinity, thereby approximately doubling its membership.

CHT has continued to be an active presence in the suburban community south of Hagerstown for nearly 60 years.

This comma image is part of the UCC campaign to remind us that

"God is still speaking".

It implores us to "Never place a period where God has placed a comma."