Christian Klinkenberg (b. 1976) is a composer of new music and multimedia artist.
Klinkenberg's artistic interests stem from contemporary composition concepts, jazz and improvisation.
Klinkenberg's music has been performed by ensembles across the European Union.
In 2001 he founded his own Jazzensemble "Christian Klinkenberg Orchestra"
Klinkenberg is a member of the East-Belgian based ensemble “KL-EX” where he serves as one of the ensemble leaders, composer and creative collaborator.
Theatre - 4 productions for the Figrentheater "Fithe":
- Plötzlich Pinguin
- Fridolin & Friederike
- Häuser erzählen Geschichten
- Des Kaisers neue Kleider
CDs under your own name:
- 2002 Christian Klinkenberg Orchestra: "Years"
- 2016 Christian Klinkenberg Orchestra: "Geo²" published by Neuklang
- 2019 KL-EX Ensemble "The Leaves That Hung But Never Grew", "Sieben Blätter", "Les feuilles qui pendaient mais ne s'ouvraient jamais" published by Neuklang
Concerts and presentations (2017-18):
- Belgian Music Days - Lemmens Institute Leuven
- EUROMicrofest Freiburg (D)
- 'Microtones: Small is Beautiful 2017' - University Mozarteum Salzburg (AU)
- Prepositions in Artistic Research' Free University of Brussels (B)
- Congress International Music & Culture Audiovisual MUCA 2018 - University of Murcia (Spain)
- TENOR 2018 (Fourth International Conference on Technologies for Music Notation and Representation ) Conference Concordia University Montreal (Canada)
- Brussels Jazz Marathon (Place Sablon)
- Flagey Concert Hall (Brussels)
- Theatre Tilburg (NL)
- Abbaye de Neumünster (Lu)
- ArtPul (Cologne)
- Ludwigforum (Aachen)
- - Ballet "The Belltower"
- - Opera "The Cross of the Engaged"
- - String Quartet III
- - 11 bells (see CD Geo²)
- The Leaves That Hung But Never Grew
- How Trees Talk?
- Three Mother Goose Rhymes
June 1999 - PHPD Eupen - Dissertation: "Musiknotation in der Grundschule" (Music notation in elementary school)
June 2007 @ Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel - Composition (jazz department)
June 2011 @ Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel - Composition (classical department)
PhD in the Arts
May 2020 @ Vrije Universiteit Brussel