We have created a wait list for well testing appointments at this time.
As a result of COVID-19, we have temporarily stopped well testing appointments. Please call (844) 613-5152 or click here to be added to the waiting list. We will resume well testing when tests can be conducted safely for participants and our field crew. Thank you for your patience and your interest in the drinking water well testing program.
Central Coast Drinking Water Well Testing Program
What the program offers:
- Free well sampling is being offered to residents who get their drinking water from a domestic well.
- Test results and information on how to interpret the results.
- Tips on what to do if your well is contaminated and how to protect your will from contamination.
- Resources on free replacement drinking water programs.
The testing is focused on two common contaminants, nitrate and arsenic.
- Has no color or odor.
- Boiling the water does not make it safe to drink.
- Can cause serious health effects, especially in pregnant women and children.
- Can cause certain types of cancer and birth defects.
- Common groundwater contaminant.
If you are a resident within another county where free testing has already been provided, or has yet to be provided (see below), please feel free to sign up to be placed on a waiting list.
Counties where testing has already been provided:
San Luis Obispo
Counties where testing is pending:
*Testing may also be available in the southern portion of Santa Clara County and small portions of San Mateo, Ventura and Kern counties that are within the jurisdictional Water Board boundaries of the Central Coast Region*