I am Mr. Bragg and I will be your teacher in one, or more, of the classes listed above and to the right. Three important things to remember this year:
- The proper and responsible use of technology is central to my courses.
- All of my course materials will be made available through this website.
- Our Google Classroom, is where you submit your work.
Each course offers you exciting opportunities to learn. Learning is a difficult, highly individual process and I will be asking you to reflect on your learning as we proceed.
I facilitate learning by directing it. In my courses I will strive to develop your thoughtfulness and thinking through inquiry-based activities, self reflection and by means of studying the world around us.
All assessments that results in a grade in my courses are individual in nature and reflect your learning against the set objectives of the specific course. This includes group work: I record anecdotal evidence every class.
Each class will challenges you to act, so students must be active to achieve the best result in my courses. That includes actively discussing, creating, reading, evaluating media, answering questions and reflecting on your activity.
Show me how you learn and I will work with you to meet your needs.
I am firm believer that education should:
- be highly interactive,
- build essential skills for life and life-long learning,
- be informative, engaging & adapted to the needs of all students.
To accomplish this I offer a safe and supportive space for all students to express themselves, learn and grow.
If you ever need to contact me I am only ever a phone call or e-mail away!
Parents & Guardians:
What I Teach:
- Sociology 12
- Business Management 12
- Citizenship 9
What to Bring:
- Pen & Pencil.
- Energy & Enthusiasm!
What to Expect:
- Transparent learning goals coupled with timely feedback on assessments.
- A safe & supportive space to learn and grow.
- A challenging and rewarding learning experience for all students adjusted to meet their individual learning needs.
- Students will be active constructors, discoverers & transformers of knowledge.
About Mr. Bragg
I have been teaching in varied capacities for about 10+ years in a number of educational environments. These have included: elementary, junior & high school, colleges & universities within Ontario, Nova Scotia & abroad (Taiwan). I have also taught digital literacy in a number of Nova Scotia's communities through the Nova Scotia Community Access Program.
- B. A. Sociology & Philosophy (Honours), Acadia University.
- Computer Science (Minor). Athabasca University.
- B. Ed. Social Studies & Technology, Acadia University.