Leadership positions of the Boston Seminole Club are volunteers elected for terms that run July 1 - June 30 annually. We're involved with the club in order to create a more engaging environment for the Seminole community of New England, so please feel free to reach out or say hello if you see us at an event.
We are always looking for more Seminole alumni and friends to get involved! Board positions, events committee members, graphic design enthusiasts, and those with ideas to engage more of our community are just some ways you can get work with the club. If you are interested in volunteer opportunities with the club please visit our "Get Involved" page for more information and to submit your information, and someone from the team will be in touch with you.
Amanda Atkins, President
Amanda is a 2010 FSU College of Business grad from Miami, Florida but has called Boston home for the last 7 years. When she's not daydreaming about being back at Doak, she works in human resources in the financial district. Her favorite memories from Tallahassee include football and baseball games, happy hour, and intramural sports. Although she'll always be a Miami Heat fan, the Sox have a special place in her heart.... just don't expect her to pick up a wicked Boston accent ... EVAH!
The primary functions of the Club President are:
- to drive the mission and vision; organize meetings and provide agendas
- assume accountability for all major tasks and responsibilities
- submit required semi-annual administration to FSUAA
- maintain communications with FSUAA
- partner with Vice President and Membership team, assisting with tasks of all positions when needed
Vice President - VACANT
The primary functions of the Vice President are:
- to drive the mission and vision
- partner with President and Events team and outside vendors
- assist with tasks of all positions when needed.
BJ Zayas, Treasurer
A New England transplant, BJ grew up in Florida and completed his Associates Degree from FSU before moving home to Orlando. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Central Florida graduating with a Bachelors in Business Management in 2009. He transferred back to New England five years ago and now lives in Wakefield with his wife and two sons. This will be his second year year as Treasurer volunteering in the Boston Seminole Club, after serving as a co-chair for Events last year supporting game-watches, the BC tailgate, and other club events.
The primary functions of the Treasurer are:
- maintain accurate financial accounting and submit financial statements to president for semi-annual submissions
- assume accountability for all transactions including marketing, ticket sales, events, fundraising activities, merchandise, etc.
- oversee financials and endowment status, including scholarship program, annual stipend budget and expenditures
- oversee fundraising team & manage fundraising partnership efforts
Secretary - VACANT
The primary functions of the Secretary are:
- organize administration within the club, including club calendar of events, meeting minutes, contact information of club members and other alumni and students. Partner with Communications team to ensure timely & accurate announcements
- oversee photography and videography needs
Ricky Meinke, Communications Chair
Hailing from the South, 2014 graduate of FSU and obtained his Master’s from LSU in 2016. In the summer of 2016 Ricky moved to Boston to serve as the Assistant Director of Diversity at Wentworth Institute of Technology. As the Communications Chair Ricky hopes to connect more transplants & Seminole fans to make sure we can always relive our glory days of undergrad. Ricky also is looking for business partners to start a string of Guthrie's franchises in Boston and eventually cater all FSU Boston events with Gut Boxes.
The primary functions of the Communications Chair are:
- distribution of communications on behalf of the club outside of leadership team
- promote club events with impactful communication through Facebook, Instagram and email, etc.
- partner with Secretary to respond to inquiries from club members or potential club members who reach out via Facebook and email
- manage event invitations and RSVPs with Events team
Elisha Bender, Immediate Past President
Elisha received her master's degree in higher education administration in April 2012, and moved to Boston right after graduation. After working at Bentley University for almost four years, she joined HubSpot in January 2016. She spent three years involved in club leadership, and remains a partner to the team as the immediate past president. When not cheering for the Noles, you can find her chasing the sunrise on the Charles River with her crew team or trying a new recipe at home.