Book Week will be held from August 16-23, 2019.
Celebrations will focus on the announcement of the Book of the Year
and this year's theme Reading is my Secret Power
Notables will be announced on February 26, 2019
Short Lists will be announced on March 26, 2019
Winners will be announced at noon on Friday, August 16, 2019
Then the celebrations will begin!
Book Week for Beginners has been developed to support those who are new to celebrating CBCA Book Week .
With the support of a number of teacher librarians throughout Australia who have generously shared their experience and expertise, this is a resource that may help suggest ideas and answer questions about
- promotion and celebration
- logistics and organisation
- creating displays
- activities for the shortlisted books suitable for primary
- activities to support the theme of Reading is my Secret Power
- linking the celebrations to literacy, literature, information literacy and other curriculum outcomes
- author visits
- integrating ICT
I thank those who have contributed to this over the years since 2013 when it first began as a wiki as part of a social media assignment for my M.I.S.
Together, we learn from each other500 Hats http://500hats.edublogs.org/ The Bottom Shelf http://thebottomshelf.edublogs.org/Storybook Cushions http:// bit.ly/storybook_cushions