Parent Advisory Council
Welcome to BHS Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
We are the PTA/PTO of Boulder High School. Every parent and guardian of a Boulder High student is automatically a member of Parent Advisory Council (PAC). It is the primary channel for parent communication with the school and other BHS parents through which ideas and concerns are shared and community is built. We support all facets of the BHS community through our many parent volunteer initiatives and programs that provide resources not funded by the BVSD district. Contributions of parents and guardians enrich our students’ experiences beyond what the state and district offer—significantly enhancing our faculty’s ability to deliver quality curricula. Your enthusiastic support of PAC-sponsored activity reflects the remarkable spirit of our outstanding high school.
BHS Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is a 501(c)3 organization.
Our key objectives are to:
- Augment the ability of faculty and staff to deliver programs and initiatives that inspire and encourage our students to succeed, and
- Facilitate productive communication among Boulder High parents, administration, and teachers.
What we do:
Below are some examples of PAC's activities and involvement.
- Communication: The electronic newsletter, ENEWS, is published bi-weekly in both English and Spanish and emailed to all BHS families. This bulletin highlights current and upcoming events at Boulder High School. We also have monthly PAC meetings open to all parents and staff to get connected and learn what's happening in our school. View ENEWS Page & PAC Meetings Page
- Fundraising: All funds raised are used and distributed within the school for that same school year through the PAC Grant process. Our major fundraiser is "Fall Drive for Funds" Campaign. We also have Grocery Cards available which earn money for our school. View Fundraising Page or donate today with MightyCause link (new)
- Grants: Each year, through PAC grants, we fund important items like books, calculators, microscopes, software, hardware and other equipment to support classrooms, clubs, and school-wide initiatives. View PAC Grants Page.
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation: This is a fun and easy way to say “Thank You” to our amazing BHS teachers and staff. The time commitment is minimal. We provide food 3-4 times throughout the year, hosting breakfasts or dinners during parent/teacher conferences. It can be as simple as ordering food, helping to set up and/or clean up after an event.
- Online Student Directory: PAC sponsors an online student directory through Help@School that gives you secure access to student information to help connect families. Please be sure to opt-in. View School Directory Page.
- Volunteers: We help provide volunteers for the different events and activities at the school including the After-prom event for Boulder and Fairview High Schools as well as proctors for AP exams. View Volunteer Page
- Beautify Boulder High: We place great value on the continuing effort to maintain and improve the physical appearance and usability of the school grounds.
- SAC and DAC: Parents and guardians represent Boulder High at regular meeting of the Boulder Valley School District Accountability Committee (DAC) and School Accountability Committee (SAC)
How Can YOU Help?
- Donate Money: Please give what you can. Suggested donation of $174 per student. View Fundraising Website for information on sending in a donation or you can donate online today here.
- Donate Time: Volunteers are crucial to the success of BHS PAC and we'd love for you to join us to help make the school great for our kids.