ANTI- FOOD WASTE ORGANIZATIONS
- Plan Zheroes: Plan Zheroes is a citizens initiative’ with the aim to inspire and connect food businesses with local charities helping people in need and preventing food waste. They offer an online map to help match food donors and recipients based on proximity, the type of food and when it is available.
- The People’s Kitchen: The People’s Kitchen is a chef-led community food waste initiative. Each Sunday, volunteers pick up wonky fruit and veg from local shopkeepers. With the help of volunteer chefs and 'cooks', this food is prepped and cooked into a dazzling array of delicious dishes for a weekly,
alternative Sunday dinner, taking food surplus and turning it into a beautiful banquet for all.
- Brixton People’s Kitchen: The Brixton People’s Kitchen is a travelling kitchen popping up in diverse community spaces to turn food surplus collected from local businesses into free and healthy meals for local people.
- Feeding the 5000: Feeding the 5000 is a campaign that aims to empower and inspire the global community to enact positive solutions to the global issue of food waste. They work with governments, businesses and civil society at the international level to catalyse change in social attitudes and innovative solutions necessary to tackle food waste at the global scale.
- FareShare: FareShare is a unique charity fighting hunger and its underlying causes by redistributing surplus food to hundreds of local charities across the UK. By ensuring good food is not wasted, they turn an environmental problem into a solution, helping to feed thousands of vulnerable people every day.
- FoodCycle: FoodCycle builds communities by combining volunteers, surplus food and spare kitchen spaces to create nutritious meals for people at risk from food poverty and social isolation.
- This is Rubbish: This is Rubbish calls for policy change through the participatory arts and food waste feasting.
- FoodAware: FoodAware is a 'not for profit' social enterprise set up to find ways of redistributing surplus food from potential waste to human consumption or other environmentally friendly means of reuse.
- Waste Watch: Waste Watch inspires people to waste less and to live more sustainably.
WRAP: Their campaigns help you to reduce and recycle more. ‘Love food, hate waste’ campaign: Help individuals reduce food waste both inside and outside the home.
London Community Resource Network: Best Before Project is a member of LCRN, which supports communities and organisations in sustainable resource management.
- Healthy Planet: Healthy Planet finds practical, easy and immediate ways for people to change the health and well-being of their communities. They support projects that are engaging, accessible and healthy in all sorts of ways: - Turning empty spaces into useful ones by linking landlords and the charity/NFP sector; - Promoting sustainability through books and stuff for free; - Runing grassroots conservation campaigns through Getting on The Map; - Providing ways for local communities, schools and organisations to come together and be involved easily and effectively with fun and interactive tools; - Providing innovative ways to champion under-represented causes.
- O - Bay Community Trust: They provide generic services to their services users, members, and clients who are in Enfield; irrespective of their race, colour, gender, sexual orientation or religious believes.
- Silver House: Silver House is a community group in Harrow working for integration and employment of people with disabilities.
- Subra Enterprises: 164 Forest Road, Walthamstow, London E17 6HE (bread & various groceries)
- Jaygrove Ltd: 415-417 Lordship Lane, West Green, London N17 6AG (sweets & groceries)
- DENA Supermarket: 6 Ashbourne Parade, Hanger Lane, London W5 3QS (ready melas, pickles & other groceries)
- MIESZKO Polfood City Ltd: 1261-1265 Greenford Road, Greenford UB6 OHY (various groceries & drinks)
- Savalan Ltd: 16 Wellington Road, Leyton, London E10 7QF (Bulgarian, Hungarian, Romanian groceries, snacks & sweets)
- Domson Ltd: Unit 36, Argyll Avenue Industrial Village, leyton, London E10 7QP (wheat flour & baking mixes)
- Imperial Cash & Carry Ltd: Unit 18, Eley Road Industrial Estate, Edmonton, London N18 3BB (drinks)
- Mr Organic: Organic food manufacturer. 141 – 157, Acre Lane, Clapham, London, SW2 5UA
- Oakfield farms Solutions: Supplier of hospitality food. Heathrow Boulevard 2,284 Bath Road,West Drayton UB7 0DQ
- Haringey Migrant Support Centre
- Notre Dame Refugee Centre
- Food for All
- AIRE Centre
- Feed your soul