A higher standard
Like our residency program, we hold our student interns to a high standard. Our rotation is challenging, yet rewarding. The Baltimore VA Medical Center hosts one of the busiest VA eye clinics in the country. Most patients have multiple complex ocular and systemic conditions. In addition to a busy clinic schedule, we expect our students to spend extra time outside of clinic to improve their academic knowledge.
Students will be able to take part in weekly journal club discussion and will be given the opportunity to give several lectures to their peers and attendings throughout the rotation. They are also required to attend weekly Grand Rounds at Wilmer Eye Institute.
We request that only highly motivated students pursue a rotation here.
We currently host students from the following programs:
- Salus University Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- New England College of Optometry
- State University of New York College of Optometry
- Southern College of Optometry
- This ocular disease based rotation in conducted at the Baltimore VA Medical Center and Loch Raven VA Outpatient Center, both of which are located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- An automobile is required due to multiple clinic locations as well as attendance of Grand Rounds at Wilmer Eye Hospital
- No student housing is available.
Please contact our Student Program supervisor, Dr. Adam LePosa, with any questions.