February 7 Meeting RESCHEDULED
Due to weather and road conditions, we are rescheduling this meeting to Thursday, February 21 at 6:30 pm. Stay safe everyone!
Save your Box Tops! Send them to school with your Ballard Elementary Student during the week of February 11-15.
Don't have a Ballard student? No problem - drop them off at Fareway in Huxley or South Story Bank in Huxley or Slater and they'll get them to us!
Family Movie Night
Bring the family out to the Ballard West gymnasium for a family movie night. We will be showing Dr. Suess' The Grinch (2018). All Ballard families welcome!
When: Friday, February 15 at 6:00 pm
Where: Ballard West gymnasium
Costs: Movie entrance, popcorn and fruit snack FREE!
Candy will be available for purchase
Please bring your own beverage and something to sit on! (Soft beverages only.)
- 11-15: Box Tops Collection Week
- 15: Movie Night: THE GRINCH, 6 pm, Ballard West Gymnasium
- 21: Make-up PTO Meeting, Middle School Teacher's Lounge, 6:30
- 4: Meatball Monday - Teacher Dinner for East, Back Nine, 4:30-7:30
- NO PTO Meeting
- 13: West and East Conference Meals
- 15-24: Spring Break Reading Challenge
- 26: Reading Challenge Forms DUE
Click here to see our full calendar.
The Ballard Elementary PTO is a group of parents, legal guardians, teachers and staff that provides assistance to teachers in the classroom, holds fundraisers for supplemental educational materials and experiences, and promotes school and family social interaction.
In the past, we have provided a variety of needs and fun for both Ballard West and Ballard East Elementary Schools including: Brain Pop (educational computer program), conference meals for teachers, Movie Nights, Dollars for Scholars scholarships, indoor and outdoor recess supplies, Reading Challenges, Literacy Luau, partial funding for Spring Opera or Play, teacher gifts and teacher appreciation week. In 2017-2018, our biggest accomplishment was raising $23,315 through our Ninja Warrior challenge for the two elementary school playgrounds that were constructed during the summer of 2018.
For 2018-2019, we intend to continue providing quality experiences and assistance to the schools and families. We are hosting our 2nd Annual Ninja Warrior Challenge at both elementary schools as another large-scale fundraiser this October, as well as continuing to provide our usual variety of items.
There are many opportunities for you to get involved with Ballard schools and with the PTO. We are always looking for a caring and helping hand. Our meetings will be held the 2nd Thursday of each month during the school year, from 6:30-7:30 pm in the Middle School Teacher's Lounge.
Please 'Like' us on Facebook to keep up-to-date with what is happening and feel free to email us with any questions or concerns. We are here for the school, the students, the district and the families.
Left Photo Credit: Megan Buttz (top and middle), Lora Gibson (bottom)
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- We're looking for an Interim Treasurer from now until May (when we hold our annual officer elections). If you're interested in serving on the Board as treasurer, please contact us by email or Facebook message and come to our next meeting on February 7.
Coming up this Spring:
- Meatball Monday at the Back 9:
- Teacher Dinner with Ballard East staff, Monday, March 4 from 4:30-7:30 pm
- Volunteers to help clear tables and refill drinks are appreciated!
- Winter Movie Night
- Friday, February 15 at the Ballard West Gymnasium
- Movie starts at 6 pm. We need volunteers from 5-6 to bag popcorn and after the movie to help with clean-up.
- Spring Conference Meals
- Wednesday, March 13
- Look for a Sign-up Genius to volunteer to bring sides, drinks, desserts, or tableware for the West and East staff.
2018-2019 PTO Officers
- Lora Gibson
- Katie Sterk
- Missy Snyder
Purchase Ballard gear through QB Studios in Ankeny. A portion of all proceeds goes to support the PTO. (Go to "Products" menu at top of page and click "View All Products" to see everything offered.)
To order a 2018-2019 Ballard Elementary School yearbook , please visit this link. The cost is $15 per yearbook and the memories are priceless!