Our Ninja Warrior Challenge information page and our Pledgestar links are live!
- Go to NinjaWarrior.BallardElementaryPTO.com for all the information you'll need on the event, fundraising goals, how to donate, where to get a Ninja Warrior shirt, and more!
- Go to Pledgestar.com/ballard to register your family and child(ren) for our Ninja Warrior fundraising challenge.
- Go to our Community Supporter link to donate as a community member.
- 21: Back to School Night, 5 - 7 pm
- 25: Huxley Prairie Fest Parade and Festival
- 13: PTO Meeting 6:30 pm
- 20: Ninja Warrior Construction
- 4: Ninja Warrior Challenge at East
- 5: Ninja Warrior Challenge at West
- 9-13: Box Top Week
- 11: PTO Meeting 6:30 pm
- 26: Movie Night at West
The Ballard Elementary PTO is a group of parents, legal guardians, teachers and staff that provides assistance to teachers in the classroom, holds fundraisers for supplemental educational materials and experiences, and promotes school and family social interaction.
In the past, we have provided a variety of needs and fun for both Ballard West and Ballard East Elementary Schools including: Brain Pop (educational computer program), conference meals for teachers, Movie Nights, Dollars for Scholars scholarships, indoor and outdoor recess supplies, Reading Challenges, Literacy Luau, partial funding for Spring Opera or Play, teacher gifts and teacher appreciation week. In 2017-2018, our biggest accomplishment was raising $30,000 through our Ninja Warrior challenge for the two elementary school playgrounds that are being constructed during the summer of 2018.
For 2018-2019, we intend to continue providing quality experiences and assistance to the schools and families. We are planning to host the 2nd Annual Ninja Warrior Challenge at both elementary schools as another large-scale fundraiser this September, as well as continue to provide our usual variety of items.
There are many opportunities for you to get involved with Ballard schools and with the PTO. We are always looking for a caring and helping hand. Our meetings will be held the 2nd Thursday of each month during the school year, from 6:30-7:30 pm in the Middle School Teacher's Lounge.
Please 'Like' us on Facebook to keep up-to-date with what is happening and feel free to email us with any questions or concerns. We are here for the school, the students, the district and the families.
Left Photo Credit: Megan Buttz (top and middle), Lora Gibson (bottom)
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Ballard WEST Picture Day:
- On Tuesday, August 28, Ballard West is looking for 3-5 volunteers to help organize and escort students between 7:45 and 11:45 am (sign-up for the entire time, or just an hour - whatever works for you).
- Click here to volunteer: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c44acae29a7fe3-ballard2
Ninja Warrior Construction:
Ninja Warrior Challenge:
- On Wednesday, October 3 through Friday, October 5, we'll be looking for volunteers to help with obstacle set-up and tear-down, as well as with the events themselves.
- Look for an upcoming SignUp Genius link to volunteer!
Box Top Cutting and Sorting
2018-2019 PTO Officers
- Lora Gibson
- Katie Sterk
- Joe Schierbrock
- Missy Snyder
To order a 2018-2019 Ballard Elementary School yearbook , please visit this link.
The cost is $15 per yearbook and the memories are priceless!
If you ordered a 2017-2018 yearbook, they will be distributed at Back-to-School Night on August 21, 2018 at both schools.