Got a burning idea for a side hustle but need partners with different skill sets? Want to learn new skills but can't bring yourself to do it consistently all by yourself? OKTA's Small Groups Initiative can help you team up with other development-minded professionals that share your vision.
The main purpose of Small Groups Initiative is to provide community members (OKTA members and otherwise) a platform to develop, manage, and participate in side projects of their passion. Through the “fail fast and pivot” platform, we aim to provide opportunities to grow soft skills and proactive mindset for the participants.
How it works in 5 steps
- Apply. Put down your idea in writing, set your own goals and think through operational challenges.
- Recruit. Small Group Committee helps you promote your group idea through OKTA's communication channels and quarterly Small Group Fair.
- Run. Carry out your projects!
- Record. Learning goes with remembering. Make records of as much of your activities as possible.
- Share. Present your achievements at Small Group Fairs and share what you learned on our web page.
- Keeping up with Metro Atlanta's redevelopment projects and trends
- “What I Wish I Knew Back Then” for students/younger professionals
- Online marketing and e-commerce
- Case-studying corporate female leadership
- Conducting interviews for focus groups of interest
- Everything about Bitcoin
- Everything about micro-brewery
- Startup Methodology