AERO 101: Introduction to Emergency Communications
October 9th,2021 @ 8:30 to 12:30 - Webinar
· Describe the roles of amateur radio operators in emergency communications
· Be able to describe the role of amateur radio during emergency communications and list potential agencies that may be served
· Be able to describe appropriate etiquette and professional interactions during emergency communications operations
· Be able to describe what a “net” is and how they are used
· Be able to describe basic net operations
· Be able to demonstrate proper basic radio communications skills
· Be able to describe the purpose, use, and benefits of the Incident Command System
· Be able to list and demonstrate how to complete pertinent ICS forms used in radio communications
Prerequisites for the class: FEMA ICS-100 and ICS-700 classes. Copies of your certificates will be needed for admissions to the class.
If you would like to take this class, please contact George Power, AERO Registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and send your ICS certificates.