News and Updates
- (ITSC'19) Paper on Inferring Accurate Bus Trajectories from Noisy Estimated Arrival Time Records accepted at ITSC'19. Congrats Lakmal & Noel!
- (PhD) Kasthuri successfully defended her PhD dissertation in July 2019. Congrats Kasthuri!
- Honored to be SMU's first recipient of NRF's (National Research Foundation's) 2019 Investigatorship Award for proposed work on ultra-low energy pervasive sensing & edge analytics.
- (Fusion'19, IoTAE'19) Papers on Collaborative IoT & Edge Analytics appeared at Fusion 2019 and IoTAE Workshop'19. Congrats Dulanga, Kasthuri & Randy!
- (Mobisys'19) Paper titled "BuSCOPE : Fusing Individual & Aggregated Mobility Behavior for 'Live' Smart City Services" accepted & presented at ACM Mobisys 2019. Congrats Lakmal & Kasthuri!
Hiring Opportunities/ Announcements
I'm looking for researchers and engineers as follows:
- Ph.D. students (1-2), starting Jan/Aug 2020, in the broad areas of: (i) wearable & IoT sensing; (ii) distributed/edge analytics and (iii) multi-modal fusion for human-robot collaboration.
- Research engineers for (a) project on "IoT sensing & analytics for energy-efficient smart buildings" , (b) project on "optimized ML for human-robot collaboration"  and (c) project on "ultra-low energy wearables & sensing" .
- Mobile & Wearable Sensing & Computing,
- Urban & Socio-Physical Analytics
- Smart City Services and Applications.
Prior to joining SMU, I spent over a decade as an industrial researcher, including stints as: a Senior Scientist at Telcordia Technologies, Piscataway, NJ (2008-2010), Research Staff Member at IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY (2001-2008) and Research Scientist at Bellcore, Morristown, NJ (2001-2008).
- Associate Dean (Research), 06/2015-current
- Director, Center for Applied Smart-Nation Analytics (CASA), 09/2016-current
- Director, LiveLabs Urban Lifestyle Innovation Platform, 04/2012-03/2019: https://livelabs.smu.edu.sg
- Deputy Director, Living Analytics Research Center (LARC), 09/2010-current: https://larc.smu.edu.sg