ALGORITHMS, OPTIMIZATION AND LEARNING IN DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS
from 4 March to 8 March 2019
This conference is organized and supported by the Institute of Mathematics of Vietnam, Vietnam Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics, and the ANR OATA project.
Nowadays dynamic environments are deeply rooted in daily life, from online markets to communication/social networks. The environments are constantly evolving, requiring continued adaptation and development. Optimization, algorithms and learning play major roles in the adaptive systems with the purpose of designing solutions which are robust to dynamical changes. Besides, the spectacular success of machine learning in a wide range of applications opens many exciting directions, in particular exploring the methods in optimization and algorithms (which lies in the heart of the achievements). Developing efficient online algorithms, studying the interaction and bridging connections between optimization, algorithms and learning in dynamic settings are important research directions.
The conference aims to bring researchers to introduce/present prominent directions in dynamic settings. The conference also provides a forum for exchanging ideas and establish new collaborations, strengthen networkings between foreign and Vietnamese researchers.
- Bùi Trọng Kiên, Institute of Mathematics, Vietnam
- Bùi Xuân Bình Minh, LIP6, Sorbonne University, France
- Vincent Chau, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, China
- Christophe Crespelle, University of Bergen, Norway
- Đinh Nho Hào, Institute of Mathematics of Vietnam, Vietnam
- Christoph Dürr, LIP6, Sorbonne University, France
- Hà Minh Hoàng, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Hồ Tú Bảo, Vietnam Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics, Vietnam
- Emtiyaz Khan, RIKEN, Japan
- Guiseppe Italiano, Luiss University, Italia
- Lê Chí Ngọc, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
- Yannis Manoussakis, Univ Orsay, University Paris-Saclay, France
- Frédéric Meunier, Ecole des Ponts et Chaussées, France
- Nguyễn Ngọc Doanh, JEAI WARM, UMMISCO IRD/France and Thuyloi University, Vietnam
- Nguyễn Việt Hưng, LIP6, Sorbonne University, France
- Nguyễn Kim Thắng, Univ Evry, University Paris-Saclay, France
- Nguyễn Thanh Tùng, Thuyloi University, Vietnam
- Kevin Perrot, University Aix - Marseille, France
- Phan Thị Hà Dương, Institute of Mathematics of Vietnam, Vietnam
The conference will be held in
- Institute of Mathematics, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, 18 Hoang Quoc Viet, Hanoi (in vietnamese: 18 Hoàng Quốc Việt, Hà Nội).
- Vietnam Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics, 1 Dai Co Viet, Hanoi (in vietnamese: 1 Đại Cồ Việt, Hà Nội.)
If you are interested in participating to the conference, please register here.
The registration to the conference is free, but registration is mandatory.