Ammar Rayes, Ph.D.
Distinguished Engineer / CTO, Best Seller Author, Founding President, Editor-in-chief, Distinguished Speaker
- Editorial Board Member: Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY) peer review Journal: https://blockchainhealthcaretoday.com/index.php/journal/index
- Guest Editor: IEEE ComSoc SI on "Cognitive Software Defined Networks and Applications", https://www.comsoc.org/publications/journals/ieee-tnse/cfp/cognitive-software-defined-networks-and-applications
- Guest Editor: IEEE Network Magazine SI on Blockchains for Scalable IoT Management, Access and Accountability , https://www.comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-network/cfp/blockchains-scalable-iot-management-access-and
- Recent Paper: “A Blockchain-Based IoT Networks-on-Demand Protocol for Responsive Smart City Applications", IEEE GLOBECOM 2019, December 9 – 13.
- ISSIP Innovation Award: "Enhanced Risk Assessment with Fingerprinting, A Human-Machine Partnership ", July 25, 2019.
- Senior Editor and Mentor: IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications: https://www.comsoc.org/publications/journals/ieee-jsac/ieee-journal-selected-areas-communications-editorial-board
- Board Editor Member: IEEE Blockchain: https://blockchain.ieee.org/technicalbriefs
- Guest Editor: “Solutions for Adopting Software Defined Network in Practice” in IJCS, Wiley: https://sites.google.com/site/nadirshah82/ijcs-si-sdn-deployment
- Guest Editor: IEEE ComSoc Mgz, "Blockchains for Scalable IoT Management, Access and Accountability'", https://www.comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-network/cfp/blockchains-scalable-iot-management-access-and
- Recent Paper: Participatory IoT Networks-on-Demand for Safe, Reliable and Responsive Urban Cities: https://blockchain.ieee.org/technicalbriefs
- IEEE Industry Communities Board Member: http://icb.boards.comsoc.org/special-interest-groups/iot-sig/
Dr. Ammar Rayes is a Distinguished Engineer / vCTO at Cisco's CX Technology Office focusing on AI/ML for network and service management. He has authored 4 books, 100+ publications in refereed journals and conferences and over 35 US and international patents. He is the Founding President and board member of the International Society of Service Innovation Professionals www.issip.org, Editor-in-Chief of “Advances of IoT” Journal and Editorial Board Member of IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Blockchain Technical Brief, Blockchain in Healthcare Today journal, the European Alliance for Innovation, and IEEE Industry Communities Board.
He has served a Guest Editor of over two dozens IEEE journals and magazine issues, Associate Editor of ACM Transactions on Internet Technology Journal, Associate Editor of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal, International Journal of Communication Systems , General co-chair of the Frontiers in Service Conference and appeared as Keynote speaker at several IEEE and industry Conferences.
At Cisco, Ammar is the founding chair of Cisco Services Research and Cisco Services Patent Council. He received Cisco Chairman’s Choice Award for IoT Excellent Innovation & Execution.
He received his BS and MS Degrees in EE from the University of Illinois at Urbana and his Ph.D. degree in EE from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, where he received the Outstanding Graduate Student Award in Telecommunications.