Ajou-Kyushu joint workshop
21 -- 22 Dec. 2018, IMI Auditorium, Kyushu University
There has been a growing interest among mathematicians in utilizing Mathematics in real world problems.
Ajou university in Suwon, Korea and Kyushu university in Fukuoka, Japan both have institutes to promote interaction between mathematics and industry.
As major universities located outside the capital, Ajou university and Kyushu university share a goal to work with the local government and the private sector to develop mathematics for both the mathematical community and the society.
This two-day workshop is aimed at providing participants, from the two universities and other institutes, a venue for sharing experiences and expectations in collaboration of mathematicians and people from industry.
Click title for slides
21 Dec (Fri)
- 10:00--12:00 Group Meeting (Campus Tour)
- 13:00--13:10 Opening by Osamu Saeki (Director of IMI)
- 13:10--13:40 Youngwoo Choi (Ajou) ACMI, aims and progresses
- 13:50--14:20 Soohyun Ahn (Ajou) Corrected Nonparamtric Intervention Effect Estimator using Ranked Set Sampling with Binary Data
- 14:30--15:00 Masaya Yasuda (Kyushu) Applications of lattice-based homomorphic encryption
- 15:20--16:00 Poster session (joint with Data Science Cafe)
- 16:00--16:30 Soon-Sun Kwon (Ajou) Statistical Models for Longitudinal Data Analysis in Medical Research
- 16:40--17:10 Naoyuki Kamiyama (Kyushu) Discrete optimization approaches to real-world problems
- 17:20--17:50 Tomoyuki Shirai (Kyushu) Dynamic determinantal point processes
- 18:30-- Banquet
22 Dec (Sat)
- 10:00--10:30 Hyung-Chun Lee (Ajou) Reduced Order Modeling of Complex Systems using POD and CVT
- 10:40--11:10 Jae-Hun Jung (Ajou) Topological data analysis of complex flows: Applications to music and vascular flows
- 11:20--11:50 Yasuhide Fukumoto (Kyushu) Modeling compressible combustion flame and shear flow of a river by interfaces of velocity discontinuity
- 11:50--12:00 Closing
- Christopher Bresten , Jiyeon Moon, Jungah Lee , Hyuntae Jang, Dongjin Lee (Ajou)
- Hiroyuki Ochiai, Le Quoc Huy, Nguyen Thi Hoai Linh, Naoki Kitazawa, Yuta Hatakeyama, Akshay Goel, Kazuhiro Araki, Yuta Mori (Kyushu)
Best Poster Award
- Nguyen Thi Hoai Linh: STOCHASTIC DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION MODELS ON FISH SCHOOLING