Club Ride Insurance is one of the benefits of membership
WHO IS INSURED?
Only members who have completed our membership steps, as well volunteers at covered activities (even if the volunteer is not a member).
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
- Participant accident ($10,000.00 medical)
- General liability ($1,000,000.00)
- Recreational club rides - organized, conducted, and supervised by club members, and with sufficient notice to members. Club-wide activities should be announced in a club-wide bulletin. For Local chapter activities, invitations within the local chapter will suffice.
- Individual time trials are covered, but Team Time Trials are NOT covered.
EXCLUDED ACTIVITIES (NOT COVERED):
- Racing - Any activity in which individuals are engaged in direct, speed competition with other riders. (For example, weekly crits in Carson ad El Dorado, are not covered.)
- Mountain / Offroad biking. Not covered
- Team Time Trials. Not covered. (However, Individual Time Trials are covered.)
- Unpublished / Unannounced rides (i.e., insufficient notice given to members)
- Solo training. Not covered
- Non-club rides (events organized by other clubs or organizations, not organized by Adobo Velo). Not covered
- Note about "special events": Club rides (organized by Adobovelo) that charge an entrance fee are not covered unless Adobo Velo purchases insurance for that particular event.
HOW TO FILE AN INCIDENT REPORT
- Immediately (within 3 days) fill out the MS Word Incident Report, and email it to email@example.com. This is not a claim form. It's just to inform the insurance co. that you were hurt in an accident, so they can start a “case file”
- Also inform your chapter director so they can be an advocate for you
- Adobovelo’s insurance administrator will review your information for completeness and eligibility, and then submit the information to the insurance company
- The insurance co's adjuster will ask Adobovelo to verify (a) your membership, (b) that your accident was during a club ride, and (c) that the event was not an excluded activity
- The insurance co's adjuster will contact the injured member directly to provide the next steps