Advance Care Planning is a process that takes time and active reflection. With a diagnosis of dementia, it gets more difficult to reflect on goals for end-of-life care. ACP+D presentations are designed to educate people who have either received a diagnosis of dementia or are caring for someone who has. We’ll cover
- the importance of starting ACP early
- the critical role a health care agent will play throughout the journey
- how to match goals for care with stages and symptoms of the disease
- forms to help you start the conversation
- how to be a strong advocate for yourself & your loved one
Participants will receive a folder with helpful resources and two official forms to complete the ACP process.