Squadron Sponsoring Committee
574 SQUADRON SPONSORING COMMITTEE (SSC)
At the Local level, the Air Cadet League comprises a Squadron Sponsor and a Squadron Sponsoring Committee for each Air Cadet Squadron. The Squadron Sponsor is often a unit of an association or service club, or it may be a group of parents or others, from which human and other resources may be provided for the Squadron Sponsoring Committee (SSC). SSC's are responsible to their respective Provincial Committees, and the Chair of the Squadron Sponsoring Committee is a Member of the Provincial Committee.
2019/2020 Executive Members
Chair: Gary Cromwell
Vice Chair: Rhonda Harrison
Treasurer: Bob Fenner
Secretary: Bonnie Gorelitza
If you'd like to make a monetary donation; cheques can be made payable to the Air Cadet League of Saskatchewan with a memo In care of 574 Squadron. Anything $20 or higher will receive a tax donation.
MISSION STATEMENT OF THE AIR CADET LEAGUE OF CANADA
- To partner with DND in the development, deployment and conduct of the Air Cadet Program by advising and assisting with the core training program and complementing it with valuable optional elements.
- To promote and encourage the nation's youth members to develop and maintain an interest in aviation and aerospace and to foster and assist growth in those fields for those interested in pursuing such a career, in part by partnering with industry, while still supporting interest in other program elements of leadership, physical education, music and such.
- To promote the growth and well being of the Air Cadet Movement by attracting and retaining the youth members and the adult leaders for both the DND and League roles and responsibilities.
- To provide, along with DND, a voice in Canada for the Air Cadet Movement as a whole so that the Canadian public is kept aware of the accomplishments and capabilities of the Movement and of its ability to fulfill its aims.
- To provide an organizational structure and including the Squadron Sponsoring Committee Level (SSC) that complements and meshes with DND's to meet in a respectful, understanding and professional way the agreed and approved roles and responsibilities, including providing and considering studies and proposals a well as resolving the challenges in a progressive Air Cadet Movement.