Senate Page Program
Every year the Washington State Senate offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend one week as a Senate page. Through the program students ages 14 through 16 can serve and get a front-row seat to how state government works.
Learning about Washington’s legislative process and our state’s history is an essential part of educating all students. Everyone who completes this program returns home with a newfound understanding of state government and the importance of policy-making at every level.
While in Olympia students attend page school, work on the Senate floor, and participate in a mock legislative session.
The 2018 program runs between January 8th and March 9th.
Requirements to become a Senate page:
- Need permission from parent or guardian
- Permission and recommendation from your school
- Sponsorship by senator
- Between 14 and 16 years of age
If you know someone who is interested in serving as a page during the 2018 legislative session, please complete the application below.
Once you’ve completed your application:
- Seek sponsorship from a Senator.
- Seek a recommendation from your teacher, principal, mentor, or school advisor
- Mail your completed form to your sponsoring senator or submit online.