2017 Eagles Celebrate the Hour of Code
International Hour of Code: December 4-8, 2017
Eagle Family Challenge
We challenge all Eagle families to do their own Hour of Code.
- Start with a video: https://hourofcode.com/us/promote/resources
- Find something for every member of the family from primary students to grandparents on Hour of Code https://hourofcode.com/us/learn
- Explore other choices on other pages of this Eagles Code Google Site.
- Host a Coding Smack-down. Friends and family show their best coding and vote for the best. Everyone will be a winner!
IMS Eagles Code Inside and Outside School Walls
- Who? Any Eagle
- What? Choose an option from the first four pages.
- When? Before school in the LMC, during lunch, when you go home, anywhere you have an internet connection. Special options:
- On December 4th, 6th, or 8th during study block either a small group can code in the LMC or the entire class will code together. Ask your teacher!
- On December 7th and 9th join the coding fun after you eat your lunch in the cafeteria.
- How? Each of these pages has a start up lesson (tutorial).
- Remember ANYONE can code!
- Stick with it.
- Ask a friend for help.
- Share what you create with code.