The focus of the USD 261 one-to-one (1:1) Chromebook initiative is to prepare students for their future in a world of digital technology and information. As we navigate the 21st century, excellence in education requires that technology be readily available and seamlessly integrated throughout the educational program. Increasing student access to technology is essential and one of the current learning tools available is the Chromebook.
CHS/HHS will begin providing 1:1 Chromebooks to students in the Fall of 2019. Students in grades 9-12 will be issued a Chromebook, a protective case, and a power adapter to utilize at school and at home. Students will be responsible for taking proper care of all equipment while enrolled at CHS/HHS.
1:1 Chromebook Initiative Goals
- Provide consistent access to digital learning tools while at CHS/HHS.
- Equalize access to technology for all students.
- Enhance Career Readiness: preparing students to use technology as a tool for creation, collaboration, and communication in authentic lessons.
- Provide a consistent platform for more effective and efficient feedback between school and students and their families.
- Empower our students with critical 21st-century skills.
- Teach our students Digital Citizenship so they can safely and responsibly navigate the world of technology.