Lawrence Running Club
Run with Team LAWRENCE!
Did you know that today’s generation is the first generation to have a lower life expectancy than the generation before it by five years? Studies show, however, that this can be changed by leading an active lifestyle and getting at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day. Lawrence Elementary wants a better future for our students! To help them get closer to that 60 minutes of physical activity, we are starting a running club!
Who: Students from the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades (and their parents!) are welcome to join us! Staff members will always be present and running with the kids.
What: A running club to promote healthier choices and lifestyles.
When: Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:30 to 5:00 pm.
Students will stay with their teachers or go to latchkey after school so there will be no students unattended in the ART room.
Where: We will run on the track behind Lawrence Elementary or do a work out in the gym depending on the weather.
Join Team LIONS today!
All Lawrence participants shall…
- Follow all Lawrence rules
- Have a signed permission slip
- Be a positive example for others
- Wear appropriate running/walking clothes (shoes, gloves, hat etc. depending on weather)
- This is a team to promote positive interactions with peers, parents, and staff
- This is not a daycare, if your child cannot follow the rules or has any problems of any kind, they WILL be dismissed from the team
- HAVE FUN and ADD 5 YEARS TO YOUR LIFE!!!