Dr. S. Vasantharuba
Ph.D, M.Phil, B.Sc in Agriculture
Head/ Department of Agricultural Chemistry
Senior Lecturer Gr. I
Ph.D in Food Science and Nutrition (Tami Nadu Agricultural University, India) -2013
MPhil. in Food Science and Technology (University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka)- 2005
BSc. in Agriculture –Agricultural Chemistry (Food Science) – (University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka) -1995
Academic Positions held
Senior Lecturer Grade 1 - 2013 – to date
Senior Lecturer Grade II - 2005 - 2013
Lecturer -1998 - 2005
Assistant Lecturer - 1995 – 1997
Natural antioxidants, Beneficial microorganisms, Lactic acid bacteria, Development of value added food products from natural sources, Food and Nutrition, Food security, Food packaging
Google Scholar - https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=JHWAH04AAAAJ&hl=en
Research gate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Seevaratnam_Vasantharuba5
Training programs and workshops participated
- Practical training course on “Agricultural product processing and quality control” Organized by the Institute of food research and product development, Kasetsart University, Thailand from 12 March to 25 May 2004.
- Study visit/Training programme on handling advanced analytical instruments at the International center for chemical sciences, University of Karachi, Pakistan from 3 Dec.2006 to 14 Dec. 2006.
- Study visit to Thailand on Food and beverage industry and export, GIZ, Thailand from 25th -30th November 2013.
- International Training Programme on Agricultural Research Management at ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Hyderabad during December 22-31, 2014.
- Training program on Food extrusion: A technical guide for extruder operators, Bangkok, Thailand from May 13-14, 2004
- Training program on Introduction to counseling skills, Samutthana& UK-Sri Lanka trauma group from 1-5 September 2008
- Training workshop on Horitvar awareness, Food and Agriculture organization, December 2011 at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, India.