BUSINESS INCUBATION CELL
About BIC-Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce
Business incubation cell (BIC) is a unit, which supports the entrepreneurial activities at different levels. It facilitates the industrial link with the University as well as the staff and student participation for industrialist accomplishments. It ensures that the entrepreneurs seeking to promote their businesses have easy access to the knowledge, experience in management.
BIC can show path for successful business ventures to pave a way to become commercialized business ventures. This enables them to get all the expert advice(s) and business guidance(s) that they need to survive for a longer time, unlike most other entrepreneurial ventures that fizzle out within a few months of their launch. It facilitates the potential entrepreneurs in their mission to kick off their business and units. There are many universities which have business incubators and entrepreneurial incubators in Sri Lanka. Therefore, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce has initiated this business incubation cell in the Faculty.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Sets the annual action plan with budget
- Monitoring and evaluation of planned activities.
- Encourages broad participation of the members in the activities of the BIC.
- Acts on opportunities to serve regional business community in the Northern Sri Lanka.
- Report the progress and activities of BIC to the Faculty Board on monthly basis