16th Pan-American Congress of Applied Mechanics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, May 20-23, 2019
The Pan American Congress of Applied Mechanics (PACAM) aims to promote progress in the broad field of mechanics by (1) exposing engineers and scientists as well as advanced graduate students to new research developments, methods and problems in mechanics and (2) providing broad opportunities for personal interactions through means of formal presentations and informal conversations. A sponsor of PACAM XVI in Ann Arbor, Michigan, as well as previous congresses, is the American Academy of Mechanics.
Call for Abstracts
Contributors are invited to submit abstracts. Some contemporary topics suggested by the scientific committee are:
- Multiscale modeling in heterogeneous media
- Biomechanics of bone and soft tissue
- Mechanics of 3D printing including multiple phase, field assisted, and functional materials
- Mechanics of meta-materials
- Coupled-field phenomena in mechanics
- Single/polycrystal plasticity
- Flow-structure interaction in e.g. insect flight, cardiovascular flow, and energy harvesting systems
- Cavitation in soft matter
- Flexible swimmers
Abstracts are invited on these and other topics within the scope of Fluid and Solid Mechanics, and for regular presentation or for a poster session.