Gateway NMR Meeting
(September 21st-22th, 2019)
Date and Location:
Sep. 21-22, 2019
Chemistry Building (Room TBD),
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1055, USA
Abstract deadline is Sept. 6th.
Please email Word version of abstracts to:
Charlie Hoogstraten email@example.com
The following hotels in Ann Arbor are offering rooms with a discounted rate for the participants.
- David Bryce, University of Ottawa, Canada
Talk: "Solid-State NMR and NQR Investigations of Element-Based Electrophilic Non-Covalent Interactions"
- Carlos A Castañeda, Syracuse University
Talk: "Protein Droplets and ALS: UBQLN2 phase separation is modulated by oligomerization, ALS-linked mutations, and ubiquitin binding"
- Aaron Frank, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Talk: "Conditional Prediction of RNA Secondary Structure Using NMR Chemical Shifts"
- Ujjayini Ghosh, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Talk: "Solid-State NMR and CryoEM of Abeta filaments from Alzheimer’s Disease"
- Emmanuel Hatzakis, Ohio State University
Talk: "Improving food quality and agricultural sustainability through NMR-based approaches"
- Katherine Henzler-Wildman, University of Wisconsin
Talk: "Controlling the transport activity of the small multi drug resistance transporter EmrE"
- Charles Hoogstraten, Michigan State University
Talk: "NMR as a Probe of Dynamics-Function Relationships in Catalytic RNA"
- Rui Huang, University of Toronto, Canada
Talk: "Unraveling the cooperativity of molecular machines by methyl-TROSY NMR"
- Yining Huang, The University of Western Ontario, Canada
Talk: "Solid-state NMR Characterization of MOFs: from framework atoms to guest species in the pores"
- Magda Ivanova, University of Michigan
Talk: "Biomolecular studies of tissue-derived assemblies of α-synuclein"
- Christopher Jaroniec, Ohio State University
Talk: "Molecular Mechanisms of Prion and Amyloid Propagation Explored by Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy"
- Voula Kanelis, University of Toronto, Canada
Talk: "The effect of regulatory interactions and disease mutations in the NBDs of SUR proteins, the regulatory subunits of KATP channels"
- Vladimir Ladizhansky, University of Guelph, Canada
Talk: "Atomistic view of an unfolding pathway in a seven-helical membrane protein"
- Justin Lorieau, University of Illinois, Chicago
Talk: "Hybrid NMR: A Union of Solution and Solid-State NMR"
- Isabelle Marcotte, Université du Québec à Montréal
Talk: "In-vivo 2H solid-state NMR study of the interaction of antimicrobial agents with bacteria"
- John McCracken, Michigan State University
Talk: "Phenylalanine Hydroxylase: Probing a catalytic cycle with EPR Spectroscopy"
- Giuseppe Melacini, McMaster University, Canada
Talk: "Understanding allostery and binding through the covariance and projection analyses of NMR chemical shifts"
- Stephen Meredith, University of Chicago
Talk: "NanoDroplet Oligomers (NanDOs) of Aβ40"
- Emma Morrison, Medical College of Wisconsin
Talk: "Histone H3 tail conformation senses nucleosome assembly state"
- Ishwar Radhakrishnan, Northwestern University
Talk: "Structure, Dynamics, and Ligand-Independent Mechanisms of Transcriptional Activation by Nuclear Receptors"
- Charles Sanders, Vanderbilt University
Talk: "Amyloid Precursor Protein Structure in Novel Cholesterol- and Sphingomyelin-Rich Bicelles"
- Sunil Saxena, University of Pittsburgh
Talk: "Cu(II) as an ESR probe of protein structure and dynamics"
- Robert Schurko, University of Windsor, Canada
Talk: "New Pulse Sequences for Ultra-Wideline NMR Spectroscopy"
- Simon Sharpe, University of Toronto, Canada
Talk: "Combining solution and solid-state NMR to understand phase separation and macroscopic assembly of elastic proteins"
- Ronald Soong, University of Toronto, Canada
Talk: "Application of in vivo NMR spectroscopy on aquatic organisms: Towards real time monitoring of metabolic flux"
- Michael Stone, Vanderbilt University
Talk: "NMR Spectroscopy of Secondary DNA Damage Arising from N7-dG Alkylation"
- Thomas Szyperski, University of Buffalo
Talk: "NMR meets XFELs"
- Blanton Tolbert, Case Western Reserve University
Talk: "NMR studies of RNAs and RNPs that contribute to viral pathogenesis"
- Gang Wu, Queens University, Canada
Talk: "Recent advances in 17O NMR of biological molecules in solution and solid state"
- Yan Xu, University of Pittsburgh
Talk: "19F-NMR Investigation of Conformation-Dependent Drug Binding to the Bacterial Voltage-Gated Sodium Channel NaChBac"
- Joshua J. Ziarek, Indiana University
Talk: "Measuring G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) dynamics from ligand binding to signal transduction"
Invited Speakers from Vendors:
- Shengrong Li, Avanti Polar Lipids
Talk: "NMR Spectroscopy as Analytical Tool for Lipid Isomers"
- Kevin Millis, Cambridge Isotope Laboratory
Talk: "Manufacturing Overview of Stable Isotopes for Scientific Research"
- Martine Monette, Bruker NMR
Talk: "New tools for Solid-State NMR automation"
- Yusuke Nishiyama, JEOL RESONANCE & RIKEN, Japan
Talk: "Electron and NMR crystallography"
- Ralph Weber, Bruker NMR
Talk: "The Ubiquitous Role of Unpaired Electrons"