April 7-8, 2017
- 1-4pm Join MFA Art & Design Critiques, Friday, April 7
- CPW members dinner with ATOM-r, Friday, April 7, 8:30pm
- 12-4pm ATOM-r Workshop, followed by Round Table Discussion and light refreshments, Dance Department (studio D), Saturday, April 8
A Workshop in Augmented Performance & Writing Practices with Chicago-based artists Judd Morrissey and Mark Jeffery of ATOM-r
What does a space disclose when our investigation extends beyond the physical to include the flow of online data within its borders? How can we use emerging technologies to transform and re-contextualize place by generating and imposing virtual content?
Mark Jeffery and Judd Morrissey will lead a workshop open to artists working with text, performance, dance, choreography, visual arts and new media. The workshop will focus on an expanded version of interdisciplinary site-specific practice in which technology and geo-specific information are used to reconsider the culture and conditions of a locale. The core of the experience will involve the mapping of virtual texts and performative materials onto sites through the creation of augmented reality overlays that are visible through the camera view of smartphones and tablets. No technical experience is necessary.
ATOM-r is a provisional collective exploring forensics, anatomy, and 21st century embodiment through performance, language and emerging technologies, merging digital literary practices and performance. Participants including Mark Jeffery (choreography) and Judd Morrissey (technology and dramaturgical systems) both of whom are former members of Goat Island performance group and current faculty at SAIC. A given piece of ATOM-r may have no singular fixed form but is alternately or simultaneously presented as internet art, duration live installation or a performance of fixed length. The work is performed by Justin Deschamps, Sam Hertz, Christopher Knowlton, and Blake Russell.
Curator, The Kitchen
March 14-15, 2017
- Guest Talk with Lumi Tan, Tuesday March, 15 5:00-6:30pm. Open to the Public. 2000 Bonisteel Blvd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109. Auditorium in Art & Architecture building on the 2nd floor’s middle hallway.
- CPW members dinner with Lumi Tan, Wednesday, March, 14 8:00pm
- Wednesday, March 14, 1:00- 4:00pm, MFA Studio Visits
- Wednesday, March 14 7:00-8:30pm, Dance Department Visit and discussion about building relationships with presenters
Katherine (Kate) Fisher Residency
February 19-21, 2017
Katherine Helen Fisher is a producer, director, performer and choreographer. Her media works have been screened at Art Basil Switzerland,The Los Angles County Museum of Art, The San Francisco Dance Film Festival, and Dance Films Association’s Big Screen Series. Kate is currently a creative director with Safety Third Productions crafting innovative digital media content for stage and screen. She holds a BFA from New York University’s Tisch School of The Arts.