BUILDING INFORMATION MODELLING Lab
By Dr. Mohammad Adil
- In-lab Assessment 50%
- Open Ended lab 15%
- Final Lab Viva 35%
CLOs and PLOs
- In-Lab Assessment
- Open Ended Lab and
- Final Viva
Open Ended Lab
- For rubrics check course contents
- 12 Groups of 7-8 Students each are listed below
IF Templates are missing in your Revit 2017 installation.....
LAB 3-Setting up Levels and Grids
Student will be lectured about the meaning of Level and Grid from Architectural and Structural context. Detailed demonstration of creating levels and grid in different scenarios in Autodesk Revit will be explained.
LAB 4- Working with views
The student shall demonstrate following in the class:
1. Selecting only floors using filter
2. Doing multiple selections using TAB and Ctrl key
3. Move and Copy an existing element of the structure (e.g., beam in the plan/floor view)
4. Rotate a structural element about a specified pivot point
5. Create array of structural elements and ungroup them
6. Demonstrate trim/extend and offset commands for structural elements
Starting a structural project based on a linked architectural model
Download AutoCAD Dwg House plan for this exercise
Student will be lectured about creating a link of CAD (dwg) file with different levels and using them to build structural model.
Adding structural Columns and Walls
Student will be lectured about creating and editing columns and walls. Students will also get an introduction of families in Revit.
Be on TOP of the World...
Dear Students of Civil Engineering Department, UET, Peshawar.
With Revit, if you practice more, you can be the winner..Check this link------->