Upper Dublin High School
Student Government Association
Thank you for visiting the Student Government Association. We are dedicated to making information regarding the SGA readily accessible, and we hope that you will find the contents of this website useful. Please feel free to contact us by email with any questions or comments and stop by the SGA homeroom, room 152.
The SGA strives to enhance the quality of life at UDHS by committing ourselves to the service and involvement of the school community. The SGA sponsors many activities for school spirit, organizes fundraisers for charity and community service projects, works for school improvement, and represents the diverse opinions and interests of the students in relations with the faculty and administration.
The SGA is comprised of an elected General Assembly and Steering Committee. This is completely separate from Class Officers and Homeroom Representatives. The SGA as a whole meets on a semi-monthly basis, and the Steering Committee meets as necessary (at least weekly) to plan SGA functions.
The General Assembly contains representatives from each grade- 25 freshmen, 25 sophomores, 25 juniors, and 25 seniors. Representatives are elected annually by their entire class. Elections for sophomores, juniors and seniors are held in the spring previous to the year of service. Freshmen elections are held in September of ninth grade. Members of the General Assembly are placed into standing committees, each with a particular focus. The current committees are:
- Activities – organizes all major school activities such as the Coronation Ball, the Volleyball Marathon, and Staff Appreciation Week.
- Community Service – organizes all projects that deal with direct and non-monetary charities and shall work and volunteer in community activities.
- Information & Communications – promotes effective communication both within the SGA and between the SGA and the student body by arranging showcases and providing announcements, flyers, posters, etc.
- Policies & Procedures – studies existing school policy and investigates new policy; reviews the SGA constitution and bylaws and bring potential amendments to a vote at the General Assembly meetings.
- School Improvements – organizes all SGA projects that deal with improving the school as a whole including reviewing suggestions for submission to the principal, and coordinating special projects such as the bulletin boards and surveys dealing with school improvement.
- Spirit – organizes all SGA projects that deal with improving school spirit including running pep rallies, creating and hanging banners that encourage school teams, etc.
The Steering Committee is the executive body leading the SGA. The Steering Committee is elected each spring by the General Assembly, and candidates must be current members of the SGA. It consists of officers and committee chairpersons. See the Leadership page.
View the SGA Constitution HERE