A note about author responsibility as it pertains to permissions.
Please read over your author agreement closely. By signing the UC Press author agreement, you are stating that you have acquired any permission necessary, including reuse or license of the article/material by the publisher, and including electronic use.
- Overview of Permissions and Author Responsibilities
- Public Domain Links to sources for public domain images are included.
- Fair Use | Tool: Thinking Through Fair Use | Checklist: Sample Fair Use checklist | Online Video: Fair Use Best Practices
- Creative Commons Open Content How to find free images and determine what type of usage is allowed.
- Permissions Log If your article contains a large number of items that require permission, including text, images, or multimedia, we encourage you to use a Permissions Log to manage this information for you and the journal’s editorial office.
- Association of University Presses Permissions FAQ
UC PRESS PERMISSION FORMS
These are sample templates that can be modified to represent specific parties.