TRUSD Digital Citizenship Site Certifications
Each Site Needs To:
- Create your school's digital citizenship vision
- Provide in-person or online professional development to staff.
- Teach the Required Lessons and Fill Out the Teacher Worksheet
- in two grades, teaching three hours, 45 minutes of digital citizenship instruction; (5 lessons)
- OR in three grades (or more) teach two hours, 15 minutes of digital citizenship instruction. (3 lessons)
- Submit 3 Pieces of Documentation (3 examples below)
- Photos of students engaging in lessons
- A sample of student work
- A screenshot of, or a link to, your website showing a link to Common Sense
- Engage with parents in 3 ways (3 examples below)
- Distribute of at least one Common Sense Family Tip Sheet
- Publishing an article about the importance of digital citizenship in the school newsletter.
- Posting a link to Common Sense Media on the school website.
Suggested Timeline: Feb: Planning March-April: Lesson Implementation May: Application
CMLK Jr. Technology Academy