College Preparatory Program
Who It's For
The College Preparatory Program (CPP) is a training program and playing experience designed to develop players for college soccer. This program is run by college coaches and is specifically designed to teach players to tactically read the game and execute the best decisions and skills at speed - abilities college coaches value most.
- Become a more attractive recruiting prospect to colleges coaches across the country
- Get more than just general skill training... LEARN how to play with speed and think like a player at the next level
- Learn college tactics and experience college training sessions from college coaches BEFORE you get to college - competitive advantage
- Bridge the gap between club soccer ending and high school season starting
- Get elite training to prepare for high school tryouts or college preseasons
- Exposure to college coaches and their network of contacts
- Full Field outdoor training
- Can also be done to supplement your club soccer training
Each program has a player cap of 40 players, for high school grades and graduating seniors, to ensure that all participants are receiving adequate play and the highest quality of instruction.
May be adjusted depending on the needs of the players in the program
- Reading the game - Effective Principles of Play
- Speed of Play
- Crossing and Finishing
- Possession with purpose
- Chance creation in the final third
- Finishing and goal scoring
- Systems of Play
- Transition from attack to defense
- Transition from defense to attack
- Goalkeeper topics -- Specific to the goalkeepers who attend training but may include: Shot Stopping, Distribution, Dealing with Crosses ,Set Piece Organization, Owning the box, Positioning and Footwork
June 3rd - July 12th -- High School Grades 9-12 and Graduating Seniors
Boys - Monday/Wednesday from 9-10:30 AM
Weather make up dates will be on Fridays at 9 AM
*Week 2 (June 10th and 12th) - only possible time change - could be moved to 4:30-6 pm for boys
The more sessions you attend, the more you'll get out of it! Aim for trying to make as many sessions of training if you can.
Transylvania University - Pat Deacon Stadium (Turf Soccer Field)
555 West 4th Street
Lexington, KY 40508
*Each participant will receive 2 training tops upon their arrival to their first day of training. These will need to be worn at every training session.
*Although not required, players should try and make as many training sessions as they can. The more you attend, the more you'll get!