Assistant Curriculum Leaders: S. Abernethy, M. Rahman
MST @ West Humber is a pre-AP program with an enriched focus in Mathematics, Science and Technology.
Students accepted into the MST program will travel together as a cohort in Grade 9 through 11. The 4 MST courses in grade 9 are Math, English, a course in technology and Science. In grade 10, MST students will take enriched Math, Science, English and Computer Science. In grade 11, MST students must take at least 2 out of the 3 science courses (Physics, AP Biology or Chemistry) plus Math and English. In Grade 12 MST students are able to take AP courses such as AP Biology, Physics, Calculus, Computer Science, English.
Benefits of Program
The program enables MST students to take summer courses prior to starting grades 9 and 10. This allows students to take grade 10 electives in grade 9 and grade 11 courses in grade 10. This acceleration continues in grade 11, which allows students to accumulate more 12U credits, better preparing students for their post-secondary education.
The MST program allows students with similar interests to work together on projects that are hands-on and self-directed. Many challenges and opportunities await MST students such as Math contests, Sci-Tech Fair, Engineering Team, Sci-Squad, field trips and more.
As students progress to Grade 12, their course options increase dramatically to support a wide variety of post-secondary opportunities.
Students cover the curriculum at a faster pace leaving time for enrichment and integration activities, as well as pre-AP preparation.
- Complete the MST Application Form
- Provide a copy of current report card, as well as a copy of Grade 7 final report card
- Complete an optional attendance form. Please note that if WHCI is not your home school and you would like to also apply to the Regular Program, a second optional attendance form must be submitted
- Complete an entrance exam
- All materials to be submitted to WHCI by: Saturday, Dec 14
- Entrance Exam: Thursday, Dec 12 (6:00 PM-7:30 PM); Saturday, Dec 14 (11:00 AM-12:30 PM)
- Notification of successful applicants: TBA
- Course submission to be submitted to WHCI: TBA