Video created by Jo Sule (Feuerstein Mediator) and edited by Jack Newman (Feuerstein student 2017-2018).
TIS is excited to offer the Feuerstein programme to selected students. We are one of a handful of schools in Wellington able to provide this fantastic, internationally regarded programme and there is no cost to students or families.
The Feuerstein method improves how every person learns by enhancing their analysis and reasoning skills through non-curricular cognitive exercises and discussion.
We have been offering the Feuerstein IE Programme since 2015 and have seen great outcomes for our students: increased confidence, willingness to tackle new challenges, and transfer of strategies used in Feuerstein sessions to the classroom and beyond.
Here's what our students and parents say about Feuerstein:
- 'I am thrilled that (my son) has had the opportunity to be part of this programme and I think it has definitely made a difference to not only his literacy skills but other life skills.' Year 8 parent
- 'Since I've been in this programme it’s helped me so much in class and at home'. TIS student
- 'I have learnt to be organised and make some good comparisons.' TIS student
- 'Thank you both for supporting and encouraging (our daughter) to develop such fantastic independent life long learning skills. She loves learning, which is so exciting to observe as a parent.' Year 8 parent
- 'I have learnt soo much! This has really paid off!' TIS student