Explore what participants will be learning here.
Why the CLI?
The purpose of the inaugural Career and Leadership Development Institute is to expand and prepare the next generation of diverse leaders within colleges and universities in Texas. The institute will provide participants hands-on and engaging curriculum. The one-institute includes career coaching, applicable administrative skills, resume evaluation, and mock interviews to prepare participants for their next position.
Who should participate?
The Career and Leadership Development Institute is designed for higher educational professionals (faculty, staff, and administration) in Texas who want to learn strategies and skills to advance their career. The institute is accepting nominations from mid-level professionals.
The following individuals will be best served (preference will be given to individuals within the following positions):
- Faculty (5+ years of full-time teaching/research/service)
- Department Chairs
- Academic Deans
- Student Service Managers/Directors/Executive Directors (Admissions, Advising, Enrollment, Registration, Student Service, Etc.)
- Student Services Deans (Student Affairs, Enrollment Management, Student Development)
- Administrative Managers/Directors/Executive Directors (Finance, Business Affairs, Human Resources, Etc.)
- Administrative Deans (Finance, Business Affairs, Human Resources, Information Technology, Etc.)
- Assistant/Associate Vice Presidents (Academic, Student Services, Administrative)
- Chief of Staff (Special Assistant to President/Chancellor)
Restricted to 30 participants only.
What is the cost of the program?
Registration for the Career and Leadership Development Institution will be $175.00 per person.
Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks are provided.
How do I apply?
What is the program length?
Participants will be notified via Email on Friday, January 17th if they are selected.
The Career and Leadership Development Institute will occur on Wednesday, February, 19 2020 from 8 am until 7 pm at the Houston Marriott Sugar Land located at 16090 City Walk, Sugar Land, TX 77479. Breakfast, lunch, and supplies will be provided. TACHE will accept 30 participants within the inaugural cohort.