About the Library
Southwest Independent School District
- That all district libraries provide library services beyond the instructional day
- That all district libraries provide schedules that allows flexible access based on patron input and needs assessment
The mission of Southwest ISD Libraries is to empower students to become life-long learners and productive citizens in a dynamic, global society by providing quality learning experiences that develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities for continued success.
- Diverse resources appropriate for use by individuals as well as classes in the grade level served.
- Organization and maintenance of materials and equipment which facilitates optimum use.
- Working areas and an environment which are well maintained, well organized and conductive to both learning and enjoyment while using the library resources.
- Management of the facility and activities that allows flexible access based on patron input and needs assessments.
- Instruction which promotes a lifelong interest in reading for pleasure and information.
- Support for district curriculum and instructional initiatives.
- Utilize Texas State School Library Standards as a tool for continual improvement of the library program.
View the Library Orientation below to learn about rules for citizenship in the library, the library checkout policy, and section of the library.
Reading with Your Child
- Reading at least 20 minutes a day helps your child become more successful in school.
- You might have to alternate reading with your child. Give lots of encouragement.
- After reading, discuss the story and ask questions about the events and characters.