SURRY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Career, Technical and Adult Education
Career and Technical Education programs in Virginia public schools serve more than 550,000 students in grades 6-12. These programs are designed to prepare young people for productive futures while meeting the commonwealth's need for well-trained and industry-certified technical workers.
Surry County Public Schools offer a range of pathways beginning in the six grade. Take a moment to browse our website and see what we have to offer in career preparations.
Luther Porter Jackson Middle School offers an exploratory program in work and family studies and technology education. During the middle school years students spend 9-weeks, 18 weeks or 36-weeks studying different career skills such as Technological Systems and Work and Family Studies.
Surry County High School offers semester and year-long classes in several areas. The goal of our Career and Technical courses are to develop a specialization in courses leading to a Career Pathway.
We offer programs in the following areas:
- Agricultural Education
- Business & Information Technology
- Career & Connections (JROTC)
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Technology Education
- Trade & Industrial Education
We offer Career Clusters in the following areas:
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts/AV Technology & Communication
- Government & Public Administration
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Information & Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics