Delsea Army JROTC
Welcome to the Delsea Army JROTC Website!
There are plenty of changes, and we are still trying to implement improvements along the way. We've updated the way you sign up for JROTC events. Please click on the event signup tab to reach the page for signing up for events. You can also click on the calendar page to view the updated calendar. You can find information ranging from teams to pictures from our JROTC events. This website has condensed some of the old information from the other website. Please use the "Contact" page to report any problems you may encounter while using this website.
UPDATE - 11 NOV 18
VETERANS DAY CEREMONY INFORMATION
1. UNIFORM - CLASS A WITH BERET
2. UNIFORM INSPECTIONS WILL BE CONDUCTED DURING NORMAL CLASS PERIODS.
3. ALL CADETS WILL REPORT TO THE CAFETERIA IMMEDIATELY AFTER LAST BELL (2:12 PM) FOR ATTENDANCE.
4. FORMATION TIME: 2:40 PM (IN FRONT OF SCHOOL)
5. START TIME: 3:00 PM
6. ESTIMATED END TIME: 4:00 PM
NOTE: ALL CADETS PERFORMING WITH THE MARCHING BAND WILL STILL WEAR THEIR CLASS A UNIFORM WITH BERET.
ANY CADETS MISSING ANY ITEMS MUST FIRST CHECK IN WITH HOME ROOM, THEN COME TO JROTC ASAP. THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANY MISSING ITEMS...
FEEL FREE TO INVITE FAMILY MEMBERS, ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE VETERANS!
UPDATE - TUESDAY 06 NOV 18
1. CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEWLY PROMOTED LET 1 CADETS! CHECK OUT THE PICsFROM TODAY ON OUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT!
2. DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE A DELSEA JROTC INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT??
DELSEA JROTC INSTAGRAM: @crusader_battalion
3. IF YOU SEE "12 NOV" NEXT TO YOUR NAME IN THE "D+C TEST" COLUMN BELOW, YOU WILL BE RETESTED IN D+C ON MON 12 NOV IN CLASS. IF YOU PASS AND HAVE COMPLETED ALL OTHER PV2 PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS, YOU WILL BE PROMOTED IN CLASS ON WED 28 NOV 18!
4. MPAs ARE NOW POSTED TO THE LET 1, LET 2/3 AND ADVANCED JROTC GOOGLE CLASSROOMS. LET 4 MPA WILL BE POSTED BY NLT THURS 08 NOV 18. ALL MPAs ARE DUE BY NLT 11:59 PM ON THURSDAY, 12 NOV 18.
5. LET 1s WHO HAVEN'T YET PASSED THE CADET CREED/RANK QUIZ FOR PROMOTION AND THINK THEY ARE UP TO THE CHALLENGE MAY TAKE THE NOVEMBER QUIZ BEFORE THANKSGIVING BREAK. SEE LTC FLOOD FOR DETAILS!
UPDATE SUNDAY 04 NOV 18!
THE LATEST VERSION OF THE LET 1 PROMOTION LIST IS POSTED FOR YOUR REFERENCE. IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER, IT LISTS LET 1 CADETS AND SHOWS STATUS TOWARD PROMOTION BASED ON...
1. D+C TEST GRADE (MIN. 80% IS PASSING)
2. CADET RANK/CREED QUIZ (MIN. 80% IS PASSING)
3. SERVICE HOURS (NEED MIN. 8.0 HOURS COMMUNITY AND/OR SCHOOL SERVICE)
Franklinville Day 2018:
Every year for Franklin TWP Day, JROTC cadets volunteer their time and efforts for their community. Cadets run food stands, assist in setup, help with rides, and provide a color guard during the national anthem. With this event cadets are taught leadership, team work, and practice important social skills. The photo below shows one of the many tasks the cadets were given. To see all of the photos from this event click the “Photos tab” and select “School Year 2018-2019”
JROTC prepares high school students for responsible leadership roles while making them aware of their role as a citizen of the United States of America. Classroom and outside activities include school and community service projects. These activities become opportunities to acquire the knowledge, the discipline, and the sense of responsibility that ultimately help our Cadets become more confident leaders. Our program's goals are as follows:
1. Maximize potential for Cadet success through learning and self-management.
2. Develop leadership skills.
3. Incorporate principles of mental and physical wellness into behaviors and decisions.
4. Build effective relationships with peers, co-workers, and the community.
5. Apply physical and political geography to building global awareness.
6. Correlate the rights and responsibilities of citizenship to the purposes of U.S. government.
7. Relate events in U.S. history to choices and responsibilities Americans have today.
8. Characterize the role of the military and other national service organizations in building a constitutional republic and maintaining peace in our society.
9. Develop and pursue a plan for post-secondary success.
1. I am an Army Junior ROTC cadet.
2. I will always conduct myself to bring credit to my family, country, school, and the corps of cadets.
3. I am loyal and patriotic.
4. I am the future of the United States of America.
5. I do not lie, cheat, or steal and will always be accountable for my actions and deeds.
6. I will always practice good citizenship and patriotism.
7. I will work hard to improve my mind and strengthen my body.
8. I will seek the mantle of leadership and stand prepared to up hold the Constitution and the American way of life.
9. May God grant me the strength to always live by this creed.