Charity Drive FAQ- scroll down to watch the 2017 video
1. What is Charity Drive?
- Charity Drive is a month long school and community-wide effort to raise funds for a charitable cause.
2. How are the organizations selected?
- Interested 501(c)(3) organizations submit an application. The student senate leaders select organizations to interview. After the interviews, 3 organizations are selected to be put on the ballot for the school-wide selection. The results of the school-wide selection determines the Charity Drive recipient.
3. What is the timeline?
- Applications will be accepted through September 29th, 2017. Interviews will be conducted towards the end of October/early November. The school-wide selection is in December. Charity Drive takes place during the month of February.
4. What are the criteria for selection?
- Organizations are selected based on the following criteria:
Provide a local connection, Child-oriented, Small to medium-sized charity, Large percentage of funds goes directly to service or research -(we use the federal guideline of administrative costs being less than or equal to 20% as a basis for evaluation), Ability to provide information, connections and/or manpower for fund-raising activities, Provide 501(c)(3) verification
5. How much money is raised?
- Charity Drive is about bringing students, staff, and community members together for a common cause. We do not set a fundraising goal. The amount varies every year. HPHS has been very proud to have donated significant funds over the years.
6. How does HPHS raise money?
- The entire school gets involved by participating in fun events throughout the school and the community. We also welcome individual and corporate donations.
For additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the 2017 Charity Drive video to get an inside peek into the Charity Drive events!