St. John the Baptist Catholic Church
Mass Times(all Masses can be attended in person)
Saturday 5:30 pm
JUNE, JULY, AUGUST
FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE
Tuesday - Friday 10:00 amLivestreamed on Facebook under Gregg Frankman
Wednesdays in JUNE 9:00 am Holy Hour followed by Mass
1/2 hour before weekend Masses
Welcome to our Catholic Parish Website
I am Fr. Gregg Frankman, the pastor. I hope that you find the information you are searching for here, whether you are a registered parishioner, visitor or just curious.
I will be adding St. Peter’s and St. Kateri's parishes in Sisseton to my present assignment, beginning July 1, 2020.
THE LORD’S DAY MASS ROTATION FOR St. John's & St. Anthony's:
- June, July, August AND December, January, February
— Saturday evening: St. John’s at 5:30 pm
— Sunday morning: St. Anthony’s at 9:00 am
- September, October, November AND March, April, May
— Saturday evening: St. Anthony’s at 5:30 pm
— Sunday morning: St. John’s at 9:00 am
*The rotation for St. Kateri's & St. Peter's will be posted mid-June.*
OUR PARISH MISSION STATEMENT
Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.", sharing God's love, by living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
UPDATE FOR ATTENDING OUR PARISH PUBLIC MASSES:
Please spread the word, especially the weekend Mass time.
OUR WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE WILL BE AS FOLLOWS BEGINNING JUNE 7th.
- SATURDAYS AT 5:30 PM
- *** The choice to attend public Mass is yours to make. As Bishop DeGrood has stated, there is no shame in waiting out the pandemic before participating at public Masses.***
- The Church doors will be open one half hour [1/2 hr] before Mass during the pandemic.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND PERSONAL HYGIENE REQUIREMENTS FOR MASS ATTENDANCE
1. There will be NO missalettes or prayer cards in the pews.
2. Every other pew is roped off down the center aisle [ no one can use these pews] for social distancing purposes.
- Each pew can accommodate the following combination of people: One family or two couples or three individuals ONLY.
2. The Church basement will be available for overflow, using a laptop connected to a projector. PLEASE, KEEP THE SIX FEET SOCIAL DISTANCING THERE.
3. The 5:30 p.m. Saturday Mass will be livestreamed on Facebook for our homebound and those who are not comfortable, at this time, to attend the public Mass. THIS MEANS THAT HOLY COMMUNION WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AFTER THE FINAL BLESSING TO THOSE IN ATTENDANCE.
**If you wish to receive Holy Communion on the tongue, approach Father in the Sacristy after everyone is dismissed from Mass.
5. Participants are encouraged to wear a mask and sanitize hands before entering the Church and before receiving Holy Communion.
6. There will NOT be a sign of peace.
7. An offering basket will be placed on the Offertory table to put your offering when entering or when leaving Mass.
8. Please, keep the six feet social distancing in the parking lot and when entering and leaving the Church.
I will livestream the public Mass at 10:00 a.m. on FaceBook Tuesday through Friday. If you are not on Facebook, join and request "friend" or "follow". Please, spread the word to others. I had to use my name without the "Fr. or Rev.", so I am under "Gregg Frankman".
Those who plan on being present in the Church for the daily Masses, please follow the requirements for the Saturday/Sunday Masses noted above.